Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Trying to stay positive...

Yesterday I did so well on my eating.... until dinner. Mom and Dad had the missionaries over for dinner and I made a carb-heavy, VERY unhealthy dinner. Chicken and dumplings, this squash-corn cornbread type of stuff, salad (ok thats healthy) and then the kicker-- I made crepes for dessert, filled with vanilla ice cream and topped with strawberry syrup (made with real strawberries) and whipped cream. And I ate a WHOLE ONE! I was literally STUFFED after dinner and felt very guilty about it. It's been quite awhile since I've actually felt stuffed.

Bah.
This morning the scale said 169.2... so I guess I have made minute progress but I was really hoping today would be the day I'd see 168.

I've decided that I need to start taking my measurements. Maybe I'll do that once a week. That may help when I'm so discouraged by the scale.

ETA: I did take my measurements that day and my waist was 35.5 and my hips were somewhere around 50.

No comments: